Monday, February 18, 2008

Holy Cow


Today marks the 10 year anniversary of Harry Caray's death. I'll share some of my favorite quotes of his :

"Now, you tell me, if I have a day off during the baseball season, where do you think I'll spend it? The ballpark. I still love it; always have, always will." - on his reason not to retire

"Aw, how could he (Jorge Orta) lose the ball in the sun, he's from Mexico."

"When I die, I hope they don't cremate me 'cuz I'll burn forever. "

"I know it is the fans that are responsible for me being here. I've always tried in each and every broadcast to serve the fans to the best of my ability."

"I knew the profanity used up and down my street would not go over the air... So I trained myself to say 'Holy Cow' instead. "







2 comments:

eemaccoy said...

Now put in a little Will Ferrell tribute...good stuff! Can't believe HC is gone either...

Anonymous said...

And my personal favorite:

"Oh, I get a little tired now and then, but knowing my lifestyle, that's only natural."

Cheers from the Southeast!
Phelps