Friday, June 6, 2008

slow blog week

I apologize for my slacking in adding any new posts since Monday - I think the crappy weather has left me totally uninspired. I had a 4 hour charette at work this afternoon about LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) certification for a new building slated for construction on campus and it made me think about my own human footprint. National Geographic has a "footprint calculator" on their website. Here are some of my stats:

In my lifetime, I will...
  • drink 40,430 glasses of milk

  • eat 20,215 bananas

  • drink 49,717 cans of pop (yes, I said pop - not soda!)

  • drive approximately 225,338 miles (less than half the 627,000 US average)

  • use 28,301 gallons to shower

What's your footprint ??



1 comment:

MPG said...

yikes! that's a lot of milk...ok, i'll have to calculate mine now.