Sunday, April 10, 2011

M's Opening Night 2011




In our long-standing tradition of attending the first Mariner's home game of the season, we attended Friday night's game against the Cleveland Indians.  Most home openers are day games, so it felt a little strange referring to the game as "Opening Night".  It also felt odd that Dave Niehaus, the voice of the Mariner's for the past 34 seasons, was not present.  But it was a beautiful night, the sun was shining for the first time in days and the roof was open.  

I must admit that it wasn't my favorite opening game.  The aforementioned observations, coupled with the fact that we were getting KILLED by the 3nd inning and Dan getting hassled for wearing his Red Sox jacket, all made me want to leave early.  One (drunk) guy got right in Dan's face and yelled "why don't you just go the f#*k home !" while pointing at the Red Sox logo.  Really ???  I felt mad at first, but the anger turned into an overall disappointment.  I hope this isn't a sign of the season ahead.  I remain ever hopeful ...





  



No comments: